Structure and streamline your teaching. The third edition of this well-known resource aligns and maps to the Financial Services (FNS) Training Package in regard to core unit FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities. Mills prepares students to meet the assessment requirements of the training package, which are based on current accounting standards and the requirement to demonstrate a capacity for independent research.
The text takes a concise and logical learning flow, with contents structured to provide clear pathways for teachers and
self-paced learners. The improved pedagogy supports learners to develop an understanding of accounting standards, compliance, disclosure and treatment of taxation, and applying that knowledge to prepare financial reports.
Help students to embed their learning through practice by value-packing the text with either a printed workbook or an online MS Excel workbook.
Table of Contents
1. Companies and regulation of companies
2. Funding company operations
3. Profit determination and changes in equity
4. Accounting for income taxes
5. General purpose financial reports - statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income
6. General purpose financial reports - statement of financial position
7. General purpose financial reports - statement of cash flows
8. Business combinations - conversion of a business to a company
9. Consolidated financial statements - wholly owned subsidiary