Written to the new study design by experienced and practising teachers, Cambridge VCE Health and Human Development Third Edition continues to provide the support every student needs for VCE success and now includes a new Interactive Teacher Edition to support every H&HD classroom teacher.
Cambridge VCE Health and Human Development provides students with the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions about their individual health and wellbeing while understanding the role of health and wellbeing within the community.
New in this edition:
- In-depth coverage of each topic in the new VCE study design, including original research focusing on youth health perspectives and influences.
- Improved navigation and design including graphic organisers to engage students and ensure the text is accessible to every student.
- The Interactive Textbook brings the study of health and human development to life and provides videos summarising key concepts as well as guidance on how to tackle examination questions.
- Extensive support for every teacher in the Interactive Textbook Teacher Edition, providing instant access to a wealth of planning, teaching and assessment resources.
What we've kept that you love:
- Superior exam support focusing on exam-style questions, including a variety of exam-focused activities to enhance students' understanding of the topic, and end-of-chapter summaries and questions to allow for consolidation and review of each topic.
- In-margin definitions allow for immediate comprehension of new terms and a glossary to support revision.
- Flexible print and digital resource options to suit the needs of every school and their students.
The text delivered in print format.
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook, or available for purchase separately as a digital-only option.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
Unit 1: Understanding health and wellbeing
Area of Study 1 Health perspectives and influences
Chapter 1 - The concepts of health and wellbeing
Chapter 2 - Evaluating the health status of Australian youth
Chapter 3 - Sociocultural factors of health
Area of Study 2 Health and nutrition
Chapter 4 - Nutrition and health and wellbeing
Chapter 5 - Healthy eating
Area of Study 3 - Youth health and wellbeing
Chapter 6 - Aspects of youth health and wellbeing
Chapter 7 - A focus on youth issues
Unit 2: Managing health and development
Area of Study 1 Developmental transitions
Chapter 8 - The transition from youth to adulthood
Chapter 9 - A focus on adulthood
Chapter 10 - Responsible parenthood
Area of Study 2 - Healthcare in Australia
Chapter 11 - The health system in Australia