Abnormal Psychology : An Integrative Approach
$140.95 (includes GST)
Hardcover package 784
17%Off Retail Price
This item is available to backorder. Usually ships within 7 - 10 working days
PSYCHOLOGY Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
Balancing biological, psychological, social, and cultural approaches, this book's ground-breaking integrative approach is the most modern, scientifically valid method for studying abnormal psychology. Updated with leading-edge research findings, the eighth edition draws on the expertise of David H. Barlow, V. Mark Durand, and Stefan G. Hofmann, three internationally recognized experts in clinical psychology. In ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY: AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH, the authors successfully blend sophisticated research with an accessible, engaging writing style. They go beyond simply describing different schools of thought on psychological disorders, exploring the interactions of the various forces that contribute to psychopathology. This comprehensive resource includes integrated case studies (95 percent from the authors' own files) and additional study tools. Also available: the MindTap® online learning experience, featuring video activities and clips of clients introduced in the book.
Table of Contents
1. Abnormal Behavior in Historical Context.
2. An Integrative Approach to Psychopathology.
3. Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis.
4. Research Methods.
5. Anxiety, Trauma, and Stressor-Related and Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders.
6. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders and Dissociative Disorders.
7. Mood Disorders and Suicide.
8. Eating and Sleep-Wake Disorders.
9. Physical Disorders and Health Psychology.
10. Sexual Dysfunctions, Paraphilic Disorders, and Gender Dysphoria.
11. Substance-Related, Addictive, and Impulse-Control Disorders.
12. Personality Disorders.
13. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.
14. Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
15. Neurocognitive Disorders.
16. Mental Health Services: Legal and Ethical Issues.