Assisting in Long-Term Care, 7th Edition
Miller,Leann;Gerlach,Mary Jo Mirlenbrink
$116.95 (includes GST)
19%Off Retail Price
This item is available to backorder. Usually ships within 3 - 4 weeks.
| Add to Shopping Cart
ASSISTING IN LONG-TERM CARE, 7th Edition is the perennial choice among top Certified Nursing Assistant programs. This user-friendly, all-in-one resource delivers skills and confidence to help students compete for top jobs in long-term care and sub-acute hospital settings. Helpful discussions include professional communication, roles and responsibilities, job search, and an overview of care settings. And, to prepare students for CNA certification exams, this resource addresses daily clinical processes, residents' rights, nutrition and hydration, restorative care, resident mobility, and patient safety-all according to federal OBRA standards for nursing home care. ASSISTING IN LONG-TERM CARE is available in hardcopy and eBook formats, includes supportive study features, and offers a full suite of online learning and course preparation tools.
Table of Contents
Section I: THE LONG-TERM CARE SETTING.
1. The Long-Term Care Facility.
2. The Caregivers.
3. The Nursing Assistant in Long-Term Care.
Section II: COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
4. Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
5. The Language of Health Care.
6. Observation, Documentation, and Reporting.
Section III: PROTECTING RESIDENTS' RIGHTS AND SAFETY.
7. Residents' Rights.
11. Infection Control.
Section IV: CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LONG-TERM CARE RESIDENT.
12. The Long-Term Care Resident.
13. The Psychosocial Aspects of Aging.
14. Alternative and Culturally-Based Behaviors.
Section V: MEETING THE RESIDENTS' BASIC NEEDS.
15. Care of the Residents' Environment.
16. Caring for the Residents' Personal Hygiene.
17. Meeting the Residents' Nutritional Needs.
18. Meeting the Residents' Elimination Needs.
Section VI: SPECIAL NURSING ASSISTANT ACTIVITIES.
19. Measuring and Recording Residents' Data.
20. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge.
21. Warm and Cold Applications.
Section VII: INTRODUCTION TO RESTORATIVE CARE.
22. Restorative Care of the Resident.
23. Restoring Residents' Mobility.
Section VIII: RESIDENTS WITH SPECIFIC DISORDERS.
24. Caring for Residents with Cardiovascular System Disorders.
25. Caring for Residents with Respiratory System Disorders.
26. Caring for Residents with Endocrine System Disorders.
27. Caring for Residents with Reproductive System Disorders.
28. Caring for Residents with Musculoskeletal System Disorders.
29. Caring for Residents with Nervous System Disorders.
Section IX: RESIDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
30. Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders.
31. Caring for Residents with Developmental Disabilities.
32. Caring for the Dying Resident.
33. Caring for the Person in Sub-Acute Care.
Section X: EMPLOYMENT.
34. Caring for the Person in the Home Setting.
35. Seeking Employment.