THIS IS THE OLD EDITION, FOR THE NEW EDITION, USE THE FOLLOWING ISBN: 9780170373159
Using an integrated strategic management process to explain what organisations should do to increase strategic competitiveness and achieve higher performance, the 5th Asia Pacific edition of Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalisation continues to provide a systematic skill-building coverage of strategy.
With an emphasis on global advantage, the text offers a comprehensive examination of regional and international issues to provide a complete, accurate and up-to-date explanation of the strategic management process. New coverage on environmental concerns and emerging technologies as well as examples and cases from Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific serve to engage students while updated international content demonstrates how strategic management is used in the global economy.
This text is appropriate for Uupper level undergrad, usually third year; post grad in Masters courses.
Part 1: Strategic management inputs
1. Strategic management and strategic competitiveness
2. The external environment: Opportunities, threats, industry competition and competitor analysis
3. The internal environment: Resources, capabilities and core competencies
Part 2: Strategic actions: Strategy formulation
4. Business-level strategy
5. Competitive rivalry and competitive dynamics
6. Corporate-level strategy
7. Merger and acquisition and strategies
8. International strategy
9. Cooperative strategy
Part 3: Strategic actions: Strategy implementation
10. Corporate governance
11. Organisation structure and controls
12. Strategic leadership
13. Strategic entrepreneurship
Part 4: Case studies
List of 13 cases available on request