PRESCRIBED TEXT FOR:
Institution: UTS Broadway - First Semester 1501
Course Code: 21555
Subject: Human Resource Management
Institution: Queensland Institute of Business and Technology - TRIMESTER 1 2015
Course Code: 2002EHR
Subject: Human Resource Management Principles
Institution: Curtin University - Sydney - 2014 2nd Semester
Course Code: 4688
Subject: Human Resource Management Overview 560
Institution: Sydney Institute Of Business Technology (SIBT) - 2014 3rd Trimester
Course Code: HRM107
Subject: Introduction to Human Resources
In its 8th edition, AHRI-endorsed Human Resource Management has a re-organised author team and continues to provide a strong conceptual and practical framework for students of human resource management.
The successful integrative strategic HRM model is retained and the most recent developments in human resource management theories and practices are explored. A multitude of contemporary regional and international examples are integrated throughout, alongside an expanded coverage on ethics and a focus on critical analysis.
Thoroughly revised and updated with the latest research findings, this edition incorporates a wealth of new material including: corporate social responsibility, ethics, sustainable management practice, leadership, talent management, industrial relations, and retains its focus on core human resource elements.
Accompanied by new online study tools which help to reinforce concepts, apply critical thinking and enhance skills, the 8th edition of Human Resource Management offers the complete learning experience required to succeed in human resource management.
Part 1: HRM in Context
1. Evolution of human resource management
2. The context of human resource management
3. Industrial relations: frameworks and practices
4. Human resource planning in a changing environment
Part 2: HRM Strategies, Systems and Processes
5. Work design challenges in a global environment
6. Talent attraction and selection
7. Talent retention and development
8. Management of performance
9. Workplace negotiation processes
10. Strategic reward management
11. Managing workplace health and safety
Part 3: The Effectiveness of HRM towards the future
12. Evaluating human resource management: towards the future