Written by best-selling authors in their field, Operations and Process Management 3e inspires a critical and applied mastery of the core principles and processes fundamental to managing business operations.
Approaching the subject from a truly managerial perspective, this brand new text provides clear and concise coverage. The book comes with a fully interactive e-Text, which provides an opportunity to practice and further explore the concepts and techniques introduced
Table of contents
1. Operations and processes
2. Operations strategy
3. Supply network design
4. Process design 1 - Positioning
5. Process design 2 - Analysis
6. Product and service design processes
7. Supply chain management
8. Capacity management
9. Inventory management
10. Resource planning and control
11. Lean synchronization
12. Quality management
14. Risk and resilience
15. Project management
New to this edition
· A fully interactive eText, which provides an opportunity to practice and further explore the concepts and techniques introduced. The eText features videos, animated diagrams, Excel spreadsheets and much more to increase your understanding of core concepts and issues.
· Many new and updated examples and case studies give a wider representation of the scope of operations.
· A new 'Innovation' chapter stressing innovation's role within operations management.
· Expanded coverage of the 'stakeholder' and 'corporate social responsibility (CSR) areas.
· The treatment of 'Inventory' has been enhanced to include 'stocks' of information and 'customers' as well as physical materials.