Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building iPad Apps
Turner Kirby & Harrington Tom
$36.03 (includes GST)
Paperback package 880
13%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 4 - 5 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
Learning iPad Programming, Second Edition, will help you master all facets of iPad programming with Apple's newest tools. Its in-depth, hands-on coverage fully addresses the entire development process, from installing the iOS SDK through coding, debugging, submitting apps for Apple's review, and deployment.
Extensively updated for Apple's newest iOS features and XCode 4.x updates, this book teaches iPad programming through a series of exercises centered on building PhotoWheel, a powerful personal photo library app. As you build PhotoWheel, you'll gain experience and real-world insights that will help you succeed with any iPad development project.
Leading iOS developers Kirby Turner and Tom Harrington introduce the essentials of iOS development, focusing on features that are specific to iPad. You'll find expert coverage of key topics many iOS development books ignore, from app design to Core Data. You'll also learn to make the most of crucial iOS and XCode features, such as Storyboarding and Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), and extend your app with web services and the latest iCloud synching techniques.
Learn how to
- Build a fully functional app that uses Core Data and iCloud synching
- Use Storyboarding to quickly prototype a functional UI and then extend it with code
- Create powerful visual effects with Core Animation and Core Image
- Support AirPrint printing and AirPlay slideshows
- Build collection views and custom views, and use custom segues to perform custom view transitions