Leadership: Research Findings, Practice, and Skills
Andrew J. DuBrin / Rochester Institute of Technology
$128.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 0
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
MANAGEMENT Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
NOTE - TO ORDER THIS BOOK, THE PUBLISHER REQUIRES US TO PROVIDE:
- THE STUDENT'S NAME
- COURSE NAME / COURSE CODE
- INSTITUTION STUDENT IS ATTENDING
IF PLACED ON ORDER, A MEMBER OF OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MAY CONTACT YOU TO ACQUIRE THESE DETAILS. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU'D LIKE MORE INFORMATION.
Perfect for instructors who take a practical, skill-building approach to teaching leadership, the eighth edition of LEADERSHIP provides an ideal balance of essential theory and real-world applications. Andrew DuBrin, a highly respected author and consultant, incorporates the latest research on leadership and current business practices from academic journals and popular periodicals. The text provides students with a strong practical foundation by introducing leaders they can relate to and reinforcing their knowledge with frequent skill-building activities. Key updates include new opening vignettes and end-of-chapter cases, numerous additional skill-building exercises, and a role-playing or other experiential activity linked to all end-of-chapter cases. In addition, LEADERSHIP is available with MindTap for the first time. Mindtap is a personalized, fully online digital learning platform of authoritative Cengage Learning content, assignments, and services that engages students with interactivity while offering you a choice in the configuration of course work and enhancement of the curriculum. MindTap guides students through the course curriculum via an innovative Learning Path Navigator where they complete interactive self-assessments reading assignments, annotate your readings, complete homework, and engage with quizzes and assessments.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature and Importance of Leadership.
2. Traits, Motives, and Characteristics of Leaders.
3. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership.
4. Leadership Behaviors, Attitudes, and Styles.
5. Contingency and Situational Leadership.
6. Leadership Ethics and Social Responsibility.
7. Power, Politics, and Leadership.
8. Influence Tactics of Leaders.
9. Developing Teamwork.
10. Motivation and Coaching Skills.
11. Creativity, Innovation, and Leadership.
12. Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills.
13. Strategic Leadership and Knowledge Management.
14. International and Culturally Diverse Aspects of Leadership.
15. Leadership, Development, and Succession.