Prescribed text for:
Institution: OTEN (Open Training and Education Network) - 2014 Full Year Course
Course Code: 17673
Subject: Diploma in Property Services (Agency Management)
Course Code: BSBFIM501A
Subject: Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
Course Code: BSBMGT503A
Subject: Prepare Budgets and Financial Plans
Sound financial management can be the difference between making or breaking a business.
The fourth edition of this best selling text will assist those studying to be managers, who are not financial specialists, to gain a clear understanding of financial management principles.
This new edition of Manage Budgets and Financial Plans - Managing Finance addresses the competency BSBFIM501A Manage budgets and financial plans in the BSB07 Business Services Training Package.
Part 1 covers the prescribed curriculum of Manage budgets and financial plans, including planning and implementing financial management approaches, monitoring and controlling finances, and reviewing and evaluating financial management processes.
Part 2 covers additional supporting topics for the unit of competency, including financial mathematics and other techniques, financing sources and their mix, cash flow techniques for evaluating capital expenditure and techniques for financial analysis.
This user-friendly text includes many learning features which enable clear and concise understanding of financial management concepts, including:
* Discussion Activities provide further opportunities to explore topics via class discussion or self-directed analysis, as well as promote teacher-student interaction
* Worked examples illustrate concepts discussed in the text, and provide suggestions on how to apply the theory in the workplace
* Review Questions help students check their understanding of the theory
* Self Assessment Activities located at the end of each chapter, include multiple choice self quizzes, that help students consolidate and review the main points
* Case Studies provide practical examples that enable students apply financial management principles.
New To This Edition
* Restructured to the new unit of competency
* Over 50% of new case studies
* Inclusion of employability skills checklists at the end of each chapter