Foundational, authorized learning for the brand-new CCNP Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) exam from Cisco!
* The only Cisco authorized foundational self-study book for the new CCNP SWITCH exam: developed with Learning@Cisco, designers of the exam and its companion course.
* Includes review questions, chapter objectives, summaries, definitions, and case studies.
* Thoroughly introduces switched network construction, support, and security.
CCNP Authorized Self-Study Guide: Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) is the only Cisco authorized, self-paced foundational learning tool designed to help network professionals prepare for the brand new CCNP SWITCH exam from Cisco. This book covers all CCNP SWITCH exam objectives, including:
* Building scalable multilayer switched networks.
* Creating and deploying global intranets.
* Implement basic troubleshooting techniques in environments that use Cisco multilayer switches for client hosts and services.
* Analyzing campus network designs.
* Implementing VLANs in campus networks.
* Implementing Spanning Tree, Inter-VLAN routing, and high availability in campus environments.
* Providing for redundancy, and minimizing service loss and data theft
As part of the Cisco Press Self-Study series, this revision to the popular Authorized Self-Study Guide format for Building Converged Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks has been fully updated to provide early and comprehensive foundational learning for the new CCNP SWITCH course. This text assumes that readers have been exposed to concepts covered by CCNA (ICND1 and ICND2), but does not assume any prior knowledge of CCNP concepts.