CCH Product Code:
An essential book for business law studies and a strong introduction to modern business law for practitioners and law students. It covers the main areas of the law affecting business.
Australian Business Law is a must-have for law and business students, practitioners and those interested in modern business law.
It discusses the main areas of the law affecting business and includes case examples, references to legislation, links to the main government (and other) websites and flow charts and diagrams to support explanations.
The text has been reviewed and updated to improve readability and to reflect changes to the law, including those made by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), Competition and Consumer Act, National Credit Code, Personal Property Securities Act, FOFA reforms and the "raising the bar" amendments.
This 2015 edition contains valuable expanded commentary on:
- Amendments to the Copyright Act
- The Franchising Code of Conduct 2014
- The repeal of the carbon tax and the new carbon tax price reduction obligation
- Obligations of the banking and finance sector
- Intellectual property
- The General Insurance Code of Practice 2014
It also includes the most recent case examples to illustrate the application of law in:
- What can be patented
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Promissory estoppel
- Unconscionable conduct under the ACL
- Unfair contract terms
- Cartel conduct
- Responsible lending laws
- The regulation of insurance intermediaries.